jueves, 27 de marzo de 2008

GENE THERAPY FOR PARKINSON


Hi! How’s it going? Are you enjoying this holiday season? I want the best for you, the best of luck! Ok, changing the subject, today I’m going to talk about the Gene Therapy for Parkinson, but first of all I will give you the definition of Parkinson because I believe is very important you know which is the meaning of this word, although I think you have a general idea about it, ok. Parkinson is a disease what is caused mainly by the loss of neurons in a midbrain part which is called the substantia Nigra, and the substantia nigra is a part of the brain that produce dopamine which is a neurotransmitter present in regions of the brain that regulate movement, emotion, motivation, and the feeling of pleasure, the symptoms importants are slowness of movement, trembling in the hands, arms, legs and jaw, in the same way stiffness of the limbs. I think this disease is a consequence of a lifetime of stress and anxiety, likewise I believe we should have a more relaxed and healthier life.

On the other hand researches have done a great amount of studies and they have stated that Gene Therapy may be a very effective treat for patients with this disease. Gene Therapy consisting of improving motor function and correct the chemical imbalance.

Finally I believe this could be an important topic to be learned in depth for the future.

No hay comentarios: